Come out and enjoy a fit and flexibility class for ALL levels led by Laura Satira at 9:45a.m. on Saturday, May 20th. Whether you’re a beginner or a long time yogi, you will enjoy this event with other local ladies. Bring a yoga mat (if you have one) or towel and a water bottle. This class will conclude at 11:00a.m. with a coffee hour, so if you don’t want to meet us on the yoga mat, feel free to join us at 11:00a.m. for coffee and fellowship! Please RSVP to Laura here for the address.
Registration is now open. Please click here to be redirected to our Eventbrite registration page.
Resurrection Sheepshead Bay Summer Enrichment Camp is designed to help kids maintain their educational progress and keep their academic skills fresh during the summer months. Our volunteers from churches across the country are people who love kids and want to provide a environment for them to practice and strengthen what they already know through drills, games, activities, and experiments. Summer Enrichment Camp will also give children a structured place for summer fun and creative arts. Each day your can expect your child to participate in:
- A reading period in which they read aloud to a volunteer, are read to by a volunteer, read aloud in groups, or spend time exploring new stories and books independently. They may also do things like practice spelling age appropriate sight words, have a spelling bee, or respond to a variety of literature.
- A math period in which age appropriate mathematical skills are reinforced through drills or games.
- A recreation period in which they learn a new sport, practice a sport they already love, play group athletic games, and enjoy being outside.
- An arts and crafts period in which they explore different art mediums and get to be creative makers.
- A rotating special feature period that may include things like: drama, STEM exploration, musical instruments or singing, dance, gymnastics, or yoga (variable, based on skills and talents of visiting team each week).
Who is Summer Enrichment Camp for?
- Kids entering 1st grade through kids entering 6th grade may attend.
- Kids in the following zip codes are given first priority: 11214, 11223, 11224,11229, 11234, 11235
- Kids from other NYC zip codes may register as desired, but will be waitlisted until April 30th, 2017. They will then be given spots on a first come first serve basis.
- There will be approximately 50 spots total per week.
What are the dates of Summer Enrichment Camp?
The camp will run for 2 consecutive weeks, for 5 days each week, beginning on the following Mondays:
Yes, you may register for both weeks if you like!
How long is the camp each day?
The hours of camp are 9:00a.m. to 2:00p.m., Monday through Friday.
Where will the camp take place?
P.S. 194 Raoul Wallenberg School (3117 Avenue W, 11229)
How much does the camp cost?
- There will be a $25 non-refundable registration fee for each week of camp for each child.
- Waitlisted kids will not be charged this fee until they are given a spot.
- Scholarships will be available for those who need them. Please email us here if you would like to apply for a scholarship.
Will Resurrection Sheepshead Bay provide transportation?
No, unfortunately we are unable to provide transportation; parents (or other parent approved adults) will be required to drop their children off and pick them up each day.
What about safety?
All staff and volunteers over the age of 18 will undergo a background check.
Still have questions?
Join us February 9th at 7:30p.m. at Laura Satira’s house for a Valentine crafts night. Enjoy hanging out and making some special cards for us to share with our neighbors a local rehabilitation center. Email Laura Satira if you need the address.