We are hopeful to launch Sunday worship services sometime in late October, but will determine when to begin Sunday morning services by looking to certain “launch indicators.” These are essential milestones that mark our development into a new church. When we consider that the Lord has helped us to accomplish these goals effectively, we will make plans to begin worshiping together as a congregation. As we approach that day, please pray through the following requests:
• Worship Space – We must secure the best possible facility for worship. Preferably in the morning.
So far, renting from NYC public schools is not an option. Until the Board of Ed decides what their long term policy will be regarding houses of worship renting from schools, no new leases will be given. We are exploring other churches in the area, community centers, private and parochial schools, commercial store fronts, and any other suggestions that come our way.
• Mailing List – At least 50 names on our church mailing list who are interested in joining us for worship once we begin. We are currently at 32.
If you or someone you know would like to receive regular updates from Resurrection Sheepshead Bay regarding the life of this church, please fill out the Stay Informed section on the right side of this page.
• Launch Team – At least 20 adults who are committed to Resurrection Sheepshead Bay for at least one year from the start of Sunday services and are willing to consider formally joining Resurrection Brooklyn membership. We are currently at 15 adults.
• Key Ministry Teams – Worship Operations, Children’s Ministry, and Music Teams are organized, capable and have trained and capable leaders.
We are excited to have our Children’s Ministry Director in place and ready to start once Sunday worship services are launched!
• Community Ministry – We are serving the neighborhood in at least two organized and visible ministries. One will be to volunteer as a church on Sandy recovery projects.