As Pastor Brian transitions from full time disaster relief work to full time church planter, we are eager to beginning worship as a local body in Sheepshead Bay. We are hopeful that this will happen sometime in late October, but will determine when to begin Sunday morning services by looking to certain “launch indicators.” These are essential milestones that mark our development into a new church. When we consider that the Lord has helped us to accomplish these goals effectively, we will make plans to begin worshiping together as a congregation. As we approach that day, please pray through the following requests:
• Financial Benchmarks – Give thanks with us that as of September 1st, we have met both the first year budget in the bank and two thirds of our five year budget pledged goals!
• Worship Space – We must secure the best possible facility for worship. Preferably in the morning.
• Mailing List – At least 50 names on our church mailing list who are interested in joining us for worship once we begin.
• Launch Team – At least 20 adults who are committed to Resurrection Sheepshead Bay for at least one year from the start of Sunday services and are willing to formally join Resurrection Brooklyn membership. We are currently at 14 adults.
• Key Ministry Teams – Worship Operations, Children’s Ministry, and Music Teams are organized, capable and have trained and capable leaders.
• Community Ministry – We are serving the neighborhood in at least two organized and visible ministries. One will be to volunteer as a church on Sandy recovery projects.